District Codes (Kreiskennziffer) 2009 - 2012
The area of district codes 2009 - 2012 included the French territories of Alsace and Lorraine, which were under German administration, as well as the territory of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
|2009||Luxemburg mit den Kreisen Diekirch, Grevenmacher, Esch 1.||Luxemburg|
|2010||Lothringen mit den Kreisen, Metz, Diedenhofen, St. Avold, Saargemünd, Saarburg, Salzburgen 1.||Lothringen|
|2011||Unterelsaß mit den Kreisen Straßburg, Zabern, Weißenburg, Hagenau, Schlettstadt, Molsheim 1,2||Elsaß|
|2012||Oberelsaß mit den Kreisen Kolmar, Rappoltsweiler, Gebweiler, Mühlhausen, Altkirch, Thann 1,2||Elsaß|
- Previous assignment of the district codes according to the list of district codes, issued by the Rüstungsamt/MB III on Nov. 1st 1942
- As part of the new assignment of districts in Alsace and the associated dissolution of the major districts of Lower and Upper Alsace, with the district codes 2011 and 2012, a total of 12 districts located in Alsace were newly included in the area of the district codes 0700 -0799.
In some cases, district codes were used that had not previously been assigned, but also several of those that were previously assigned to other districs were reassigned.
Since many districts not affected by this reassignment had also no longer been assigned their own district code in the document "Nummerung der geographischen Einteilungen, Ausgabe 1.5.1944", it can be assumed that the reassignments of districts in Baden and Württemberg have taken place in advance.
Due to the change, it became necessary to change the RBNr. of all companies based in Alsace as well as all other affected companies.
However, so far in the available sources no companies in the affected districts have been found, whose RBNr. in conjunction with their local situation, suggests a still completed implementation of the conversion of the RBNrs..
- Sächsisches Staatsarchiv, Staatsarchiv Leipzig, 20202 Leipziger Messeamt (I), Nr. 1325, Verzeichnis der Kreiskennziffern als Teil der Reichsbetriebsnummerung, Ausgabe 1.11.1942
- BArch, R 8 I/112, Verzeichnis der Nummerung der geographischen Einteilungen, Ausgabe 1.5.1944
- BArch, R 3/1289, Bl. 13, Neue Kreiseinteilung im Elsaß, Schreiben vom 29.06.1944